IJELP - Special Issue 2005: Governance, management & accountability
J. De Groof (general editor), D. Vidoni (special editor)
Pages: 154 pages
Shipping Weight: 400 gram
ISBN (softcover) : 15743454
The contributions in this special issue deal with the following subjects:
• What does school autonomy mean in practice?
• The subsidiarity principle in multi-level control within educational systems
• Accountability, evaluation and improvement of schools in England: what does inspection contribute?
• Accountability through external exams and the management of educational institutions
• Performance measurement for the strategic management of educational activities
• Why should teachers want school accountability? Lessons from a comparative approach to the subject
• New prospects in research on school effectiveness and quality
• Accreditation and evaluation: toward a new synthesis?
Other available IJELP volumes:
- special issue on Romania (2004)
- vol. 1 issue 1-2 (2005)
- special issue on Governance, Management and Accountability (2005)
- vol. 2 issue 1-2 (2006)
- vol. 3 issue 1 (2007)
- vol. 4 issue 1-2 (2008) - vol. 5 issue 1-2 (2009)
Available year books (40% discount for subscribers to the journal)
- Globalisation and competition in education (2003)
- No person shall be denied the right to education (2004)
- Cultural and educational rights in the enlarged Europe (2005)
- The Right to Education and Rights in Education (2006)
- Inequality in Education (2008) - Legimitation and Stability of Political Systems
Subscription fee includes 2 volumes and a 40 % discount on the yearbooks. The special issues will not be published every year, but can be considered a bonus.
We strongly encourage contributors to submit their contribution by e-mail to IJELP@wolfpublishers.nl, preferably in Microsoft Word format or any compatible format.
What did other customers buy after viewing this item: